Strange error...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange error...

My whole board is being inundated with this type of message when we try to post.

Warning: Compilation failed: unmatched parentheses at offset 26 in /home/virtual/site94/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/functions.php on line 919

Any ideas?

First thing to do is reupload the original functions.php file from the vB zip file. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      First thing to do is reupload the original functions.php file from the vB zip file. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server.
      OK..did that ...still getting same error message. Downloaded from 2.9. Any other ideas?

Is this related to the SQL server issue? I did nothing that should have caused this to occur.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfish82
        OK..did that ...still getting same error message. Downloaded from 2.9. Any other ideas?

Is this related to the SQL server issue? I did nothing that should have caused this to occur.

Thanks.
        Never mind. The issue in fact was my fault. I tried to ban two terms from my board and separated them with commas. Removed the commas....and we're back up.

PS When will Version 3 be ready?

Comment

It could be. Have you or your host recently recompiled MySQL and/or PHP?

Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This may help us troubleshoot the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            It could be. Have you or your host recently recompiled MySQL and/or PHP?

Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This may help us troubleshoot the problem.
            I fixed it ...thanks.

Any date on VB 3 release?

Comment

No date yet.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
              X