Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can moderators approve new registrations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can moderators approve new registrations?

I have my board set to moderate new members until registrations are approved. Is there a way to let one of my moderators access the area to approve the registrations without giving them access to the entire control panel?

unfortunately with vB 2.2.x that's currently not possible... there maybe a hack for this at vbulletin.org or wait for vB 3.x
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Essentially, this requires access to the ability to change users' permissions, and this isn't supported for moderators under an unhacked vBulletin 2. Thus, admins have to do it.

Whenever I have a period where I need to moderate new members, I often make one of my trusted supermods an admin, temporarily. It's the easiest solution.
      Fool's Gold: Discussion of rock 'n' roll, movies, A Song of Ice and Fire, Discworld, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, literature, games, and more. It's ace.

Last.FM * LiveJournal

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X