Infinite Loops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinite Loops

Ok. I have a problem with my board that only I as admin get. Some of my threads will go into an infinite loop on load. I posted a message asking if anyone else on my board gets the same error and only I seem to get it so it makes me think that either its me being an admin or my machine at fault.

Here is the clues:
    1) Go into a thread, page loads half, and then stops, I can see that something is being loaded and reloaded extremely fast (lower browser window shows) but I can't do anything. Not even Alt-F4 to close it. The only way "out" is to kill it in task manager

2) It occurs in both IE and Opera. Im on WinXP

3) It only occurs to me and Im the only Admin.

4) It happens in more than one thread

5) Deleting all my cookies and going back into the thread doesn't fix the problem. So I don't think its a cookie thing. Going in as an 'non-user' still gives the loop.

6) Its driving me nuts. I used to get this from time to time on my OLD computer. Im on a totally different machine now (still WinXP)

7) Happens in both IE and Opera. I dont have netscape.

8) Doesnt happen on a MAC

9) Before you shout out "Its XP!" why doesn't it happen on others machines, and why does it on 2 different machines of mine

Any clues Columbos?

I'm guessing it's a software problem. Maybe you have some nasty spyware on there. Try running adaware on your system ( http://www.lsfileserv.com/downloads.html ). Adaware will remove all spyware from your system and even speed up your computer if you have a lot of spyware.

Note: some p2p programs, like Kazaa, will not run if you remove their spyware components. Adaware lets you choose which components to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      I'm guessing it's a software problem. Maybe you have some nasty spyware on there. Try running adaware on your system ( http://www.lsfileserv.com/downloads.html ). Adaware will remove all spyware from your system and even speed up your computer if you have a lot of spyware.

Note: some p2p programs, like Kazaa, will not run if you remove their spyware components. Adaware lets you choose which components to remove.
      Nah. No spyware. In fact I had just run AdAware yesterday, and again today to test your theory. And Antivirus. And cleared out my entire browswer cache, history and cookies.

Comment

Well... if you're the only one experiencing the problem then it's going to be something specific to your computer.

What is the url of your forums? Do you have html enabled in posts or signatures?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
          Well... if you're the only one experiencing the problem then it's going to be something specific to your computer.

What is the url of your forums? Do you have html enabled in posts or signatures?
          No, html has been turned off in sig's. Let me find a 'bad' thread and ill post it here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X