Forum Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Leaders

I want to move certain usergroups up higher on the list within my "Forum Leaders" section. How do I do this?

help anyone?

Comment

I'm pretty sure this requires hacking. Ask over at vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        I'm pretty sure this requires hacking. Ask over at vbulletin.org.
        ok thanks.

Comment

You could just create differnent user groups and give them differnt names! This dont require hacking but hacking would give you a bit more flexibility

Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by Automated
            You could just create differnent user groups and give them differnt names! This dont require hacking but hacking would give you a bit more flexibility

Matthew
            Thanks for the suggestion. Im having a terrible time getting a response over at VB.Org on this one. I made the post literally seconds after hearing from Steve and still nothing

Comment

LOL, I have never had any probs over at VB.org are you sure you have entered your License details becuase they wont help you out unless they know you are a verified VB customer

Hope that helps

Matthew

Comment

You also might try actually changing the groups' orders in the template. Except for admins, who're always displayed on top, and super mods, who're always displayed immediately below that, the groups are displayed on the Forum Leaders page in order by number. On my board, the admin group is 6, the supermod group is 5, the custom mod group (which I created so the mods would show up as a separate member group) is 8, and the non-mod staff members group is 9. I'd had the non-mod staff members group in 8, and that screwed with the order, so I reversed the permissions for both groups and then swapped their membership. This was tedious, but it worked. You can see the results here.
                Fool's Gold: Discussion of rock 'n' roll, movies, A Song of Ice and Fire, Discworld, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, literature, games, and more. It's ace.

Last.FM * LiveJournal

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X