Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring config.php file on ipowerweb.com hosting servers

Hello Everyone...

I just purchased vbulletin today, and really look forward to using it on my website...

Has anyone else isntalled vbulletin onto ipowerweb.com hosting servers??? I am not sure how to configure the config.pkp file, and would appreciate help for anyone who knows what the correct settings are.

Here are the specs:

My web address is: www.wakan.com

I am installing vbulletin onto: www.wakan.com/Forums

The config.php file is located at: /home/wakancom/public_html/Forums/admin/config.php.new (on the www.wakan.com website)

Apparently, ipowerweb uses a "html public" to store the internet website files, so perhaps this might cause some problems....

I would appreciate any help that you might be able to give me.

Here are the contents of the config php file: (thanks for any suggestions as to how to edit it)....

Thanks,

Khashyar

contents of config.php file:

<?php
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Please note that if you get any errors when connecting, //
    // that you will need to email your host as we cannot tell //
    // you what your specific values are supposed to be //
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// type of database running
    // (only mysql is supported at the moment)
    $dbservertype="mysql";

// hostname or ip of server
    $servername="localhost";

// username and password to log onto db server
    $dbusername="root";
    $dbpassword="";

// name of database
    $dbname="vbulletin";

// technical email address - any error messages will be emailed here
    $technicalemail = "[email protected]";

// use persistant connections to the database
    // 0 = don't use
    // 1 = use
    $usepconnect = 0;

// which users are allowed to view the admin log
    // separate each userid with a comma
    $canviewadminlog = "1";

// which users are allowed to prune the admin log
    // separate each userid with a comma
    $canpruneadminlog = "";

?>

I copied the files, as the instructions stated,
    www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/community
    www.russianmeetingplace.com/forums/
    www.russianmeetingplace.com/russianforum/
    www.wakan.com/forum

Could you please add your email address to the list located at http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php for Priority Member Support and to show you are a licensed member. This will give you access to the vB Support on these forums.

You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Cary...

I just added my secondary email address ([email protected]) to my email list in the members area.....

I hope to have this message board running VERY quickly... Thanks for helping me with my question about setting up the config.php file...

Khashyar
      www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

Sorry but you are still not shoiwing up as licensed. You need to add the email address you are using for your account on these forums.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm feeling that this is a bit ridiculous...

I have just added my 3rd email address to the members area: (email address removed for privacy reasons), (email address removed for privacy reasons), and (email address removed for privacy reasons), and I don't understand why your server is not registering my email registrations...

Perhaps it would be better if you could email me at: (email address removed for privacy reasons), and I can provide you with my customer ID and password....

Thanks for your help with my vbulletin set up question....

Khashyar
          Last edited by Khashyar; Sun 23 Mar '08, 4:37pm. Reason: removing email addresses
          www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

The email address may be case-sensitive. Try entering:

[email protected]

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve...

I just entered my secondary email address in the members' area as: (email address removed for privacy reasons) (with a capital K and D)...

Hopefully this will work this time

(if not, you can check (email address removed for privacy reasons), and (email address removed for privacy reasons))

Also.... is there a way for me to CHANGE my usernae and password to be able to log into the member's area?? Both of these that were assigned to me are VERY long, full of numbers, and not easily memorized...

Thanks again for your help with the configuration of the config.php file for my website...

Khashyar
              Last edited by Khashyar; Sun 23 Mar '08, 4:37pm. Reason: (email address removed for privacy reasons)
              www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

Yep - this time it worked.

We do not change the customer number but we can change the password for you. However we can only change this to another 12 character set of random characters.

As for config.php - what problems are you having specifically?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You're showing up as licensed now so I moved this to the installation forum.

Since you are unsure of what you should put in your config.php file the best thing to do would be to contact your host for the correct information. They should be able to give it to you.

Comment

Hi Cary....

I called my webhosting company, and they did not know how I should configure the config.php file....

I thought by providing the directory information, that you might be able to help me

In my original post, I list the specifications of where I put the forum software....

Thank,

Khashyar
                    www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

Hi Steve...

I installed the software into my server in the www.wakan.com/Forum directory, and then I ran the install.php file, and it gave me this message:

"You are not running PHP - Please contact your system administrator."

But, I know for a fact that the webhost server is running PHP 4.04, as well as MySQL....

So... I think that the settings in the config.php file are incorrect....

I appreciate your help in resolving this...

Khashyar
                      www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

Originally posted by Khashyar
                        Hi Cary....

I called my webhosting company, and they did not know how I should configure the config.php file....

I thought by providing the directory information, that you might be able to help me

In my original post, I list the specifications of where I put the forum software....

Thank,

Khashyar
                        The things you'll need to change are:

$dbusername
                        $dbpassword
                        $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host. Sometimes you can create the db user and database in CPanel or other web site tool provided by your hosting company. Again only they can tell you how to do this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

P.S.:

If you would like, I can privately send you my website administrator username and password so that you might look at see what the values need to be by looking at the structure of the website.....

Khashyar
                          www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

See my previous reply.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi Steve...

I did go into CPanel, and there was no database or username or password created yet...

Do I need to manually create these things, or... should the vbulletin software do this for me???

The Vbulletin instructions did not specify the need to set those three elements manually.....

Khashyar

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              The things you'll need to change are:

$dbusername
                              $dbpassword
                              $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host. Sometimes you can create the db user and database in CPanel or other web site tool provided by your hosting company. Again only they can tell you how to do this.
                              www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X