Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Mods vs Full Mods

Ahoy hoy.

Right, I have recently come to a problem with vBulletin. You see, like most forums I have a Moderator usergroup, who have access to a Moderator forum (where they help decide how to run the board/deal with members etc) -- this is fine because all I do have to do is set the forum to a "Private Forum" in the options. However I also have RPG Mods (half mods) who moderate RPG forums whom I do not wish to give access to the Private Forum.
    This wouldn't be bad because all I'd have to do is set "personal premission" to no on a particular forum. However, sometimes I add forums before realesing them to the public (such as games and holidays forums) which I want the mods to see and not the RPG Mods.
    Is there an easy way to do this WITHOUT editing every single mod/rpg mods personal premissions per forum.

Thanks

Aodhán

Ps. I apologise if anything is unclear tis very late at night.

I think I understand what you're saying and I'm afraid there's no easy way to do this other than editing the forum permissions for each Mod.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I think I understand what you're saying and I'm afraid there's no easy way to do this other than editing the forum permissions for each Mod.
      Thank you Steve. That's a bummer. I know this is not the place to talk about it or anything (and I do apologise in advance) -- but is there or could there be a hack to accomodate this feature?

Comment

It's getting late and I'm a bit tired but I think this problem may be solved with vB 3.0. Maybe one of the Devs can confirm this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

couldn't you jusat make them in a usergroup and change the permissions for the usergroup for those forums, saving some time, or am I missing something?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X