Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading from invision board

Hi,

We are currently running invision board, but I am now upgrading to vBulletin. I am looking at the installation instructions, which tell me to upload everything to a /forums directory - but my invisino board software is in that directory. Is it ok to upload it to a different directory.

Also, I am concerned about the databases - I assume the installation of vBulletin will create new databases and they won't affect my current installation of invision board - is that correct?

Bev

Originally posted by BevS97
    Hi,

We are currently running invision board, but I am now upgrading to vBulletin. I am looking at the installation instructions, which tell me to upload everything to a /forums directory - but my invisino board software is in that directory. Is it ok to upload it to a different directory.

Also, I am concerned about the databases - I assume the installation of vBulletin will create new databases and they won't affect my current installation of invision board - is that correct?

Bev
    I decided to be bold and just go for it, and I installed it in a 'boards' directory and it all seems to have worked fine.

Comment

Well this is a little belated but yes, you can upload and install vBulletin into any directory you want.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X