Hidden Moderaor Options Menu (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Moderaor Options Menu (?)

OK, I am working on trying to organize my site. What I am wanting to do is take some of these forums, add sub-forums, and then pile these threads into more organized, specific categories.

Everything I keep reading indicates there should be a "Moderator Options" pull down menu at the Forum level, but that only appears for me when I am in the actual thread.

Where did this pull down menu disappear to? How can I get it back? Of course, this is assuming that it ever existed in the first place...

What do you mean at the 'forum level'? The 'Admin Options' box should appear both at forumdisplay.php and showthread.php. If it's not, then either your permissions are wrong or a hack has interefered with this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I will look at those files and let you know what I find out.
      Last edited by Jeff Williams; Thu 16 Jan '03, 2:21pm.

Comment

Here's what I found.

Although I am not by any means a programmer, it would appear that these files are all trying to parse the pull down menu into the page.

in "forumdisplay.php" I found the code ".gettemplate("forumdisplay_adminoptions")."

in "showthread.php" I found the code ".gettemplate("showthread_adminoptions")."

So... your guess is that a hack is causing problems, huh. I know the admin has installed one or two... I know this site does not deal with hacks (and I will post comments at vbulletin.org) but do you know of any specifically that could cause this kind of a problem?

As far as permissions go, I am the site Admin, I don't know if that is possible.

Comment

If you (as an Admin or Mod) are not seeing the Admin Options box, then the first thing I'd suggest is reverting these templates back to original:

forumdisplay
          forumdisplay_adminoptions
          showthread
          showthread_adminoptions

If they still don't show up, then reupload the original forumdisplay.php and showthread.php files. Make sure you overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, I am looking at those templates, and I *KNOW* they have been modified, however, "view default template" gives me the exact same code. Is there some kind of repository online where I can download the original templates and restore them to their original form?

Thank you for your continued assistance.

Comment

The only 'repository' as such is in the 'view original' link.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
              X