Still having a problem with users not being able to post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still having a problem with users not being able to post

I have now had the users clear the cookies, set their security to medium, set their privacy to medium. THey have have browse with cookies on, and remember username and password on. And yet, still some cannot post to the website.

The only thing I think that be affecting this is....and tell me what you think...

This board is for people who work for us. They log into a member's only area where there is a link for the board. The board is https, so it is secure. When the link is clicked, the board opens in a frame of the member's only area. The frame then is by default https however the board is not, it is standard http. Thus a nonsecure site is a secure frame. Might this be the problem and if so.....Is the only way to make this work is to make the board a secure site by signing it???

Tony

could AOL have a part in this????

I am looking at IP addresses and noticing that a lot of people are on an AOL proxy server.

Comment

Originally posted by heyyou06
      could AOL have a part in this????

I am looking at IP addresses and noticing that a lot of people are on an AOL proxy server.

I am having this same problem, but none of the people we have trying to signup and login are on AOL.

Comment

Originally posted by RatedHot
        I am having this same problem, but none of the people we have trying to signup and login are on AOL.
        it isn't just AOL people, however, people are able to register, but they just can't stay logged in long enough to actually post!

Comment

Originally posted by heyyou06
          it isn't just AOL people, however, people are able to register, but they just can't stay logged in long enough to actually post!

Exactly!

So what is the fix???

I need this up and running asap.

Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by RatedHot
            Exactly!

So what is the fix???

I need this up and running asap.

Any help?

It might have something to do with where your cookies are set in the Admin CP.

Login to the Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > HTTP Headers and output

Try leaving the cookie domain blank and the path set as "/". If that doesn't help - try adjusting accordingly (like entering a domain for the cookies; or if there are multiple db's on your server, try setting the cookie path to the folder where your forums are set).

This might not help, but it might. *shrugs* Good luck!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X