Forum being flooded by guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum being flooded by guests

I have guest posting on and now we have some punks who decided to flood us over two nights. They turn off cookies and are posting about 20 topics a minute, and floodcheck does nothing. Why does it not track them by IP, and what am I to do about this other than to shut the forum down, as I can't prune posts by guests.

Originally posted by Glock21
    I have guest posting on and now we have some punks who decided to flood us over two nights. They turn off cookies and are posting about 20 topics a minute, and floodcheck does nothing. Why does it not track them by IP, and what am I to do about this other than to shut the forum down, as I can't prune posts by guests.
    Try turning off Guest posting....

Comment

That would be logical, except it's not an option. We have certain places where we WANT guests to post in.

Comment

I'm afraid there's not much you can do to stop them. You can ban their IP address and hopefully this won't affect your legitimate users.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Using multiple stolen proxies. Also, when you click enter to submit a post on this forum, it brings up the attachment menu. Looks like a bug. ALso the smilie list is spaced out way too far.

Comment

Hmmm...I'm not having the first problem. The second one is from a template change and I'm sure it'll be fixed.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment