Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory exhausted

Hello,

I get the following error on some occasions when I click on any link on the board that accesses the forum table. I have a lot of subforums set up, over 4000, but this really shouldn't be causing the problem - should it not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Willie

PS I think that what is happening is that the scripts e.g. forumdisplay loads the entire contents of the forum table into memory by selecting *. Is it possible to amend these queries on the database to search the forum table where forumid = the parentlist? I don't intend using the dropdown forum lists so losing this functionaility is not an issue - am I on the right track?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12 bytes) in /website.com/admin/db_mysql.php on line 154

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line
    Last edited by waherne; Tue 14 Jan '03, 4:14pm.

Are you running php accelerator?
    Try to increase memory_limit value to 10M or 16M.
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

Oops, forgot to say that you need to edit php.ini file.
      You're my Prince of Peace
      And I will live my life for You

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I am on a virtual server so permission to increase memory may be restricted. I edited my post above - take a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Willie

Comment

Try putting

php_value memory_limit 16777216

in your .htaccess file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X