Sendmail not working properly. 2.2.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sendmail not working properly. 2.2.9

I have this problem with sending e-mail through the board.

Well I uploaded mailtest.php and tried it. That worked on one of my e-mail addresses but not on 2 others.

In the last 3 days I have had many people e-mail me about not receiving their registrations... and others noted not being e-mailed about subscribed threads. I have send mass e-mail to admins (3) via the admin console and only 1 of us got it. VB notes that e-mail was sent okay to all 3 recipiants.

What could be causing this problem? How do I check the path to sendmail on vb? How would I check that vb is configured right?

For now I have turned e-mail varification off.

If some of the email is getting through, then this is a mail server configuration issue. You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Per usual Steve... Thanks for the lightning speed response. I will contact support at Ventures Online and see what they can do about it.

I know the mails are not bouncing because I e-mailed them to my accounts on my servers. I also sent e-mails via 1 account to all 3 of them and it had no problems receiving them (to ensure e-mail box working right).

Thanks

If you have ANY idea why it may not be working don't hold back from hinting.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X