Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i turn off "This attachment viewed N times" counters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i turn off "This attachment viewed N times" counters?

I'm running a pretty high volume site, and I get a lot of queries like:

UPDATE LOW_PRIORITY attachment SET counter=counter+1 WHERE attachmentid='205'

backing up on a rather beefy db server. our attachment table is 3gb (yes i realize that is obscene, i'm waiting for vb3!), but I can't imagine these attachment counters are very important.

can i turn them off?
    Kyle Christensen
    PbNation.com - one of the biggest and busiest vbulletin forums on the net!

That requires hacking the attachment.php file. If you need help, ask over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks smachol,

i didn't know if there was an option to do it or not, im sure i can figure it out

i might just modify the deferred threadviews hack to suit it, my site is starting to bog when i hit 525ish users
      Kyle Christensen
      PbNation.com - one of the biggest and busiest vbulletin forums on the net!

Comment

Originally posted by KrON
        thanks smachol,

i didn't know if there was an option to do it or not, im sure i can figure it out

i might just modify the deferred threadviews hack to suit it, my site is starting to bog when i hit 525ish users
        vB3 allows you to defer thread view updates to once per hour plus you can move the attachments to the filesystem so both of those features should benefit you greatly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X