Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb newbie question about templates and styles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb newbie question about templates and styles...

Hi,

I just installed vbulletin, but I'm not having much luck in finding an easy step-by-step guide in how to change my vbulletin layout. I still have the default background/headers, and I want to change them but I'm afraid I'll mess something up, since I am getting confused about style sets, template sets and replacement sets. It looks like you can import these as well.

Is there a good resource that can walk me thru this?

Thanks!
    Talk about pets and post pictures at Talk Pets!

Have you gone through the online manual?

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Have you gone through the online manual?

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/
      Yes I did, and I kind of get it...but I was wondering if there is a way, say in frontpage, to lay out and edit the style and then upload it?

PS - hey you're in Phx? Nice day today...too bad I'm working on the computer!
      Talk about pets and post pictures at Talk Pets!

Comment

No, there's no way to use Frontpage. With vB you need to edit the appropriate templates.

Yep, now that we are done with the typical 1-1/2 weeks of Phoenix Winter, the weather's been real nice!
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X