I set it to GMT London time from admin i'm sure of it
    so what should i do

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
    sorry very sorry indeed
    i misinterpreted your answer
    well i realised
    since my Isp in the US i should set The Admin cp time same as Us time

as in not london but GMT -5.00 US & CANADA

that finally fixed it it was gonna be a bugger if it didn't else my Announcement times and calender date would be all wrong

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You either did not set the timezone in the Admin CP to the timezone of your server, or you did not set your User CP correctly.

Leave a comment:

• msimplay
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    See my answer above. This is the correct way to set your time. Note that GMT time will always be displayed to guests and unlogged in users.
    I set it to GMT London time from admin i'm sure of it
    so what should i do

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    See my answer above. This is the correct way to set your time. Note that GMT time will always be displayed to guests and unlogged in users.

Leave a comment:

• msimplay
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    If you to set the timezone in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on, then the time should display correctly. Of course, each user needs to set their local timezones in the User CP.

i'm having similar problems
    i set the timezone at GMT west european, London , Lisbon etc etc

and since i live in UK the whole United kingdom has same time period

so why am displayed 12.04 am
    when its 5.04 am

so how do i set the time to Match Server in Admin Cp??

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you to set the timezone in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on, then the time should display correctly. Of course, each user needs to set their local timezones in the User CP.

Leave a comment:

• leviw
    replied
    I did both, the board is now set to timbucktoo time or some such.

It displays the date and time correctly but I will still be contacting our host to see if we can get it straightened out correctly.

Thank you for the multiple quick responses and good advice. Either way the problem should be resolved.

By the way, at the bottom it says, "All times are GMT. The time now is 04:18 PM."

The time is not actually GMT, the time is set to Timbucktoo time. Is it possible to reset this to actually show the time zone its set for?

I suppose I could change the actual template, but it seems like this is more of a bug than something I should work around.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You'd be better off contacting your host and asking them to check the server time.

Leave a comment:

• leviw
    replied
    I believe the company is east coast which would explain SOME difference, but its 13 hours fast. =)

I suppose I could try offsetting the clock incorrectly, basically setting it for whatever time zone would give me the correct time. But then it may show the time as some weird time zone, better to just correct it through the server if possible.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    How do you know the server time isn't correct for the timezone it's in? If you are sure about this, then yes, you'll need to contact your host and ask them to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• leviw
    replied
    I'm having the exact same problem.

My vbulletin board is showing the current time is 2:28 AM, my current time setting is at PST which would be 3:28 PM.

You said the server clock must be off and I should just email my host and ask them to reset their clock?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The only way this would happen is if the server time was changing. You need to contact your host about this.

Leave a comment:

• indiCa
    started a topic Server Time Problem

Server Time Problem

Hello Ive searched other threads but I cant seem to find an answer to my problem.

I have been running a forum and the time has been fine. I set the time to GMT -5 (U.S. Eastern) and everything was fine.

Then a fellow admin told me the time was incorrect.
    So I logged in and sure enough its 9:26 PM and it says 6:47 PM
    So I went to the admin CP changed to a different time zone, changed it back, logged out, then logged in, and it was fixed!

I then went back a minute later and it said 6 again!

This has never happened and we have not modified any code for a LONG time - version is 2.2.7 and i tried using a PHP command to echo the server time and its the correct time

any help please reply
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X