IE6 Problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE6 Problems...

After upgrading to 2.2.9, a bunch of my users are complaining that they are getting CGI errors on IE6. On *one* computer, I am getting them all the time as well, and only on vBulletin. It's a CGI error - saying that the headers are not behaving properly (didn't return a complete set of headers).

Anyone else having this problem?

Other than that, I love vB!

-Wayne

I'm using IE 6 and have no problem with any 2.2.9 forum. What's the URL to your forums? Also have you added any hacks or scripts to phpinclude?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You cannot get CGI errors from a browser. You get them from the server it is on.

Make sure that "Standard Headers" is turned off in your Admin Control Panel. You shouldn't have to manually add these. The only other thing that I can think of that would cause this is if your server doesn't properly support gZIP compression or that is installed incorrectly.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        You cannot get CGI errors from a browser. You get them from the server it is on.

Make sure that "Standard Headers" is turned off in your Admin Control Panel. You shouldn't have to manually add these. The only other thing that I can think of that would cause this is if your server doesn't properly support gZIP compression or that is installed incorrectly.
        Wayne,

You can indeed get CGI errors, if the browser has a bug, and is chopping off part of the data. Seen it before with IE6 and vB, as well as other apps (I'm a Perl programmer).

I haven't installed any hacks - just a few mods to the templates here and there.

The headers option is indeed turned off.

The link is here:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com

Again, this only seems to happen on some computers browsing the forums...

Strangely enough, sometimes the buttons don't load either, which makes me think it is indeed a browser/server issue, but I've only noticed it when working within the forums - it doesn't drop anything on my main site.

Can it be related to the compression issue? I'm running gzip from within vbulletin...

-Wayne

Comment

What about extra scripts in phpinclude and headinclude? For instance do you still have this problem when you remove this script:

http://www.drivewerks.com/cgi-bin/redirect/redirect.cgi
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X