Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble making changes to usernames and other profile info...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble making changes to usernames and other profile info...

I've had a request to change a member's username, but ever since a recent server crash, I'm unable to make the change. I get the basic "There seems to be a slight problem with the database..." error message, nothing more specific.

I've also tried to make other changes to profiles, but I can't. I have had no trouble adding forums/sub-forums, or changing the header file, etc... Just the user info.

My hosting company rep can't figure it out.

Ideas? Thanks in advance!!
    Mia
    http://MainStreetMom.com

Two things...

1) You should receive an email every time the error happens it gives the real error. What you are seeing is simply a pretty error we throw up on the screen. If you don't get the email you can view the source code of the page with the error and paste it here.

2) When the database crashed, you most likely got corrupted tables on your database. Has your hosting rep run a repair on the tables in the database yet?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for your response!

I do not receive those emails, and I do not know why. I have in the past, so I'm familiar with what you're referring to. I'll paste in the source code from the error page I receive when I try to make a change to a user profile:

<html>
      <head>
      <title>Main Street Mom Discussion Forums Control Panel</title>
      <frameset cols="180,*" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" frameborder="no" border="0">
      <frame src="index.php3?action=nav" name="nav" scrolling="AUTO" NORESIZE frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" border="no">
      <frameset rows="20,*" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" frameborder="no" border="0">
      <frame src="index.php3?action=head" name="head" scrolling="NO" NORESIZE frameborder="0" marginwidth="10" marginheight="0" border="no" >
      <frame src="index.php3?action=home" name="main" scrolling="AUTO" NORESIZE frameborder="0" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" border="no">
      </frameset>
      </frameset>
      </head>
      </html>

My hosting rep has run a repair, and he said it fixed a few things but not that problem.

Thanks again!
      Mia

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Two things...

1) You should receive an email every time the error happens it gives the real error. What you are seeing is simply a pretty error we throw up on the screen. If you don't get the email you can view the source code of the page with the error and paste it here.

2) When the database crashed, you most likely got corrupted tables on your database. Has your hosting rep run a repair on the tables in the database yet?
      Mia
      http://MainStreetMom.com

Comment

If the error is happening in the CP I dont understand why it's not showing. Since the Admin CP runs within frames, this precludes 'view source' from showing the real source for the page with the error.

We'll need to see the actual error. Make sure you have the $technicalemail address set correctly in config.php so you receive an email with the error message. Then post that error here.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X