Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want users to register FIRST!

Ok...I have another stupid question...

How do I make it to where users HAVE to register BEFORE they are allowed to go any further into the site (before they see & can read anything)?
    ~~So Lost~~
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Admin CP --> User Groups --> Modify --> Unregistered / Not Logged In [edit]

Set 'Can view board' to 'No'

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
      Admin CP --> User Groups --> Modify --> Unregistered / Not Logged In [edit]

Set 'Can view board' to 'No'
      Thanks, Cary! Are you tired of me yet? LOL!

Is that the only option I need to set to no? Or do I need to do the rest?

...because it still shows that there are guests viewing the board...how can they view it if they have to register first?
      ~~So Lost~~
      :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comment

All this means is that they are seeing the 'not logged in' page. You can log out and test it yourself.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Many of my mods have plagued me with the same question, for quite a long time. I just wish it were so easy to do a getpermissions call for each user on the who's online list without crashing the server, to put a note saying they are seeing the no permission page.

Comment

Originally posted by fury
            I just wish it were so easy to do a getpermissions call for each user on the who's online list without crashing the server, to put a note saying they are seeing the no permission page.
            Have you looked at the Who's Online for these forums?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have a quick question. I have stopped all non-users from being able to see my site.

I have also tried it out on my computer by erasing my cookies and loggin out.

I still have a problem with the site reading 5 guests.

Are they still seeing the site or are they just seeing the login/register screen?

Comment

If your permissions are set correctly all they are seeing is the 'No permission' page.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X