Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been trying to contact the vBulletin Support Team but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been trying to contact the vBulletin Support Team but...

...but I never got a response on this. When I'm clicking on the "Currently Active Users" on my board, I often see two entries there that scare the hell out of me:

Guest Quoting Post in Thread For all of you!!! 09:32 AM 64.140.xxx.xxx
    Guest Sending Email to another forum user 09:33 AM 64.140.xxx.xxx

Guests are not allowed to post on my board at all so how's this possible. It's always the same two IP adresses.

I even tried banning the IPs and they still keep coming back.

TIA

Originally posted by Ph0eniX
    ...but I never got a response on this. When I'm clicking on the "Currently Active Users" on my board, I often see two entries there that scare the hell out of me:

Guest Quoting Post in Thread For all of you!!! 09:32 AM 64.140.xxx.xxx
    Guest Sending Email to another forum user 09:33 AM 64.140.xxx.xxx

Guests are not allowed to post on my board at all so how's this possible. It's always the same two IP adresses.

I even tried banning the IPs and they still keep coming back.

TIA
    It is a search engine bot looking at a no-permission screen specifically. Really nothing to worry about and a simple search would have turned up many answers on this issue.

Heck, even if your title reflected your actual problem, the similar threads feature would have shown you many answers to look at.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      It is a search engine bot looking at a no-permission screen specifically. Really nothing to worry about and a simple search would have turned up many answers on this issue.

Heck, even if your title reflected your actual problem, the similar threads feature would have shown you many answers to look at.
      Thanks for your prompt response. I didn't mean to be a dick but I've created a trouble ticket on the issue at least twice before and nobody ever got back to me so I was a bit frustrated.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph0eniX
        Thanks for your prompt response. I didn't mean to be a dick but I've created a trouble ticket on the issue at least twice before and nobody ever got back to me so I was a bit frustrated.

Thanks again.
        You should check your email then. There are no unanswered trouble tickets and they are answered with an average of 1.5 hours.

There is one ticket on this dated January 3rd, 2002 at 5:41 a.m. and it was responded to at 6:16 a.m. on the same day. The other request was made 18 minutes ago. And neither were made through the Trouble Ticket system within the vBulletin Members area. They were made through simply emailing [email protected] which receive a lower priority.

Wayne Luke

Comment

You should check your email then. There are no unanswered trouble tickets and they are answered with an average of 1.5 hours.

There is one ticket on this dated January 3rd, 2002 at 5:41 a.m. and it was responded to at 6:16 a.m. on the same day. The other request was made 18 minutes ago. And neither were made through the Trouble Ticket system within the vBulletin Members area. They were made through simply emailing [email protected] which receive a lower priority.
          "neither were made through the Trouble Ticket system"
          The Jan 3rd one Certainly Was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...I got an automated e-mail that I should use the Trouble Ticket System and so I did!!! ...twice!!!!

I check my e-mail pretty much every 5mins and I never got a response on the Jan 3rd posting. There was another trouble ticket that I filed a few weeks ago - never got a response either. I wasn't counting the request made today.
          Last edited by Ph0eniX; Tue 7 Jan '03, 6:15am.

Comment

Hmmm.. I see a total of 5 support requests from you.

They include one about activation emails, one about an access violation in PHP (php.net is the best place to get support for php), one about the UBB Import and two about guests on your board the one from 1-3-2003 and the one today.

Are you using different email addresses? Makes the issue a lot harder to track if you do. It is the only thing I can think of right now.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hmmm.. I see a total of 5 support requests from you.

They include one about activation emails, one about an access violation in PHP (php.net is the best place to get support for php), one about the UBB Import and two about guests on your board the one from 1-3-2003 and the one today.

Are you using different email addresses? Makes the issue a lot harder to track if you do. It is the only thing I can think of right now.
              My e-mail address is different from the one listed in the software registration (same domain though) if that's what you mean ...but my e-mail address hasn't not changed.

Comment

Wayne's right. Every support ticket was answered. This is almost certainly an email problem. Perhaps your ISP is blocking these emails for some reason.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  Wayne's right. Every support ticket was answered. This is almost certainly an email problem. Perhaps your ISP is blocking these emails for some reason.
                  I'll look into that. Thanks for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X