Thanks...

Thanks...it was a password problem.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
    $dbpassword
    $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
    $dbpassword
    $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

Leave a comment:

• JasonP
    replied
    Originally posted by doubletroublevb
    Why am I in trouble? The "new" database is a clone of the old one with a new name...that's why I'm asking.
    Oh okay,

From what you said I was under the impression that they deleted the database and just put up a new empty one.

Then just do a fresh install of vbulletin and put the new database info in the config.php file. Simple

Leave a comment:

• doubletroublevb
    replied
    Why?

Why am I in trouble? The "new" database is a clone of the old one with a new name...that's why I'm asking...it seems like there should be a way of correcting the pointers (where ever they are) without starting over. Ah well...in any case its midnight...I'll see what pops up here in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• JasonP
    replied
    Originally posted by doubletroublevb
    My problem happens immediately when you go to the forum. I tried changing the name in the config.php but it didn't help. No password is required just to view it...

PS. They removed the old db & now I just have the one with the new (and correct) name. I noticed that when I went in to look at the config file.

Well from what you're telling me in this post you have BIG problems. Assuming you had nothing in the old database and this is just a new install you are okay.

But assuming you had a lot of posts, members,etc. You are in trouble.

If the first option is the case, no problem. FTP into your folder and delete all of your vbulletin, if this is a new install. Upload a fresh copy of the vb files through ftp. GATHER all of your NEW database info and put it in your config.php file. Then run the install again and it should be fine.

But if they deleted the old database then you are pretty much out in the cold.

Leave a comment:

• doubletroublevb
    replied
    Happens immediately...

My problem happens immediately when you go to the forum. I tried changing the name in the config.php but it didn't help. No password is required just to view it...

PS. They removed the old db & now I just have the one with the new (and correct) name. I noticed that when I went in to look at the config file.

This is what I get when I try to go to the admin panel...having seen this around somewhere I'm now wandering off to check this one out:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel :Link-ID == false, connect failedmysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)mysql error number: 1045Date: Monday 06th of January 2003 11:32:08 PMScript: /forums/admin/index.phpReferer:
    Last edited by doubletroublevb; Mon 6 Jan '03, 8:00pm.

Leave a comment:

• JasonP
    replied
    hI Double trouble,

Sounds like when your host changed names one of two things happened.

One, either you still have the old database name in your config.php file and it is giving you an error because that database does not exist anymore.

Or two, you have the wrong password to your database.

You can back your database up through the admin cp.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• doubletroublevb
    started a topic Can't access my forum...help...

Can't access my forum...help...

Okay...I still have 2.2.6 installed. The reason for this was because I couldn't get to my database to back it up because it was named incorrectly for my maintenance account (I didn't name it...it was a default name). Anyway I finally got around to getting the host to correct the name so I could actually SEE the database (tables etc). Now no one can access it...we get this error....

Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /home/highlife/highlifeskiclub-www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /home/highlife/highlifeskiclub-www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Can you tell me why this might be occurring? The way the host corrected my naming problem was by creating a clone of my original database with a name that would allow me to see it. Would this cause a problem?

I'm going to proceed with slogging around trying to find a similar problem but if anyone can help me please do.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X