X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Location in Who's Online.

Hi,

Not very important, but I just looked at my Who's Online and saw this:

Guest Unknown Location:</forum/moderator.php?action=useroptions&userid=497&>

Just this one Guest was displayed this way: the others were displayed correctly. Just thought is was a bit confusing.

Keep up the good work with V3!

How much do you love XenForo?

Originally posted by Grover
    Hi,

Just this one Guest was displayed this way: the others were displayed correctly. Just thought is was a bit confusing.

Someone is likely checking out whether they can access admin/mod functions. From the looks of it, they were viewing someone's profile and saw the "Admin options: User profile" link and clicked it. You shouldn't have to worry, the only people given access to that page are admins, usergroups which you set "Can access control panel", and moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by fury
      Someone is likely checking out whether they can access admin/mod functions. From the looks of it, they were viewing someone's profile and saw the "Admin options: User profile" link and clicked it. You shouldn't have to worry, the only people given access to that page are admins, usergroups which you set "Can access control panel", and moderators.
      I've seen this too, but it's scared the bejesus out of me since I see guests that happen to have my session id! I don't know whether or not they're actually hijacking my session or if it's just a bug with how information is stored in the session table or what, but it's got me panicking on more than one occassion...
      To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Grover
        Hi,

It is most likely because the options are out of order on the link and the Who's Online code can't figure it out. Instead of worry about it and use a lot of resources, it just defaults to unknown location.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X