Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclude specific forum(s) from 'latest topics'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDN
    replied
    Then they could just put a false birthdate

Leave a comment:

• Spinball
    replied
    Thanks, guys. No, this is currently a normal forum whome anyone can access.
    Perhaps making it a 'confirmed user' forum is the way to go. I can't recall seeing an easy and automatic way to implement something like this, though.
    Of course I could make it visible only to registered members. But that still wouldn't be a complete solution.
    A rather clumsy way to do it would be to work out if people are over 18 using their birthdate and allow them access to the forum in those circumstances. This would also encourage people to complete the birthday part of their profile. Still we have plenty of folks over 18 who wouldn't want to see the material.
    Maybe an additional 'sub-forum membership' feature is required where people have to register to access a particular forum once they have registered in the normal way. Something people would specifically have to do. This would be useful for forums where people have to pay for access.
    Anything like this exist already?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Note that any search will automatically exclude forums that the person does not have access to view.

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    Not without hacking.

Also, is this a private forum for only ''confirmed'' users?

Leave a comment:

• Spinball
    started a topic Exclude specific forum(s) from 'latest topics'?

Exclude specific forum(s) from 'latest topics'?

I have a new forum covering adult DVDs. This forum is unique amongst our forums in that we allow explicit language. You kind of need to when discussing adult movies.
    But I don't want threads from this forum to be included in the 'latest topics' or other search results since they may offend the unexpecting innocents visiting our forums.
    Is this possible?