Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a little sql help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need a little sql help

    Hey Guys,

    I backed up my database from my current server and I am re-installing it on the new server, but I am getting this error.


    "gzip: /tmp/cpanel3upload.HA9jLCWQBEXP9lBUWDZnjzIkYLUQ3vDSx: not in gzip format
    ERROR 1102: Incorrect database name 'jasonpow_vbulletin.sql'"

    Alrighty then, any ideas?

    Jason

  • #2
    Originally posted by JasonP
    Hey Guys,

    I backed up my database from my current server and I am re-installing it on the new server, but I am getting this error.


    "gzip: /tmp/cpanel3upload.HA9jLCWQBEXP9lBUWDZnjzIkYLUQ3vDSx: not in gzip format
    ERROR 1102: Incorrect database name 'jasonpow_vbulletin.sql'"

    Alrighty then, any ideas?

    Jason
    By the way, it is a new domain name so it will have a different database name too,

    Comment


    • #3
      What command did you use to make the backup, and what command are you using to restore it?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

      Steve Machol Photography


      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


      Comment


      • #4
        Hey Steve,

        Well my database is only about 4 meg, so I backed it up on Vbulletin admin panel. I just purchased ventures online hosting and I am switching it to them. I am on ipowerweb right now. Anyway, ventures online has an option in the control panel to restore a sql database and I tried to upload the file that vb created of my database.

        Jason

        Originally posted by Steve Machol
        What command did you use to make the backup, and what command are you using to restore it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Since this is an application provided by your webhost, you should ask them about this error. Particularly this:

          "ERROR 1102: Incorrect database name 'jasonpow_vbulletin.sql'"
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

          Steve Machol Photography


          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


          Comment


          • #6
            lol,

            Well steve that webhost is Ventures Online and seeing as how that is who vbulletin is hosted through, do you not have any idea? Would it be better to backup the database another way and try uploading it? Once again I am trying to get it to upload to my NEW server, ventures online. My old server, ipowerweb is where I did the backup and that went fine




            Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Since this is an application provided by your webhost, you should ask them about this error. Particularly this:

            "ERROR 1102: Incorrect database name 'jasonpow_vbulletin.sql'"

            Comment


            • #7
              The db upload option in the CPanel is designed to work with the backup made with CPanel - not the backup from the Admin CP. You aren't using the correct backup file.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

              Steve Machol Photography


              Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


              Comment


              • #8
                Oh Okay,

                I see what your saying. Answer one more thing for me if you would.

                Ipowerweb does not offer telnet access. How do I make a backup of the current database without it?

                Then once I do that, whats the best way to upload that to the new Ventures Online database?

                Thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  The best way is to ask your host to make the backup for you. Then user Step Three here to restore it:

                  http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                  Steve Machol Photography


                  Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    The best way is to ask your host to make the backup for you. Then user Step Three here to restore it:

                    http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

                    Hey Steve,

                    Is there any way I can make a backup through phpmyadmin? And then use phpmyadmin to restore it to the new server?

                    Jason

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have never heard of a reliable method of using phpMyAdmin to make a backup or to use it to restore a database. You would need to do this a table at a time, which is cumbersome and fraught with potential problems.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                      Steve Machol Photography


                      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X