How to ban users as moderator ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to ban users as moderator ?

Hi, I have a problem. I've chosen some Moderators, who should be allowed to ban spamming users in my board. I made the following settings:

1. vbulletins options -> Enable Banning Options? yes
    2. Forums & Moderators -> Modify -> edit " xxx" -> Can ban users from board ? yes

I / the Moderators didn't get the picture at all, how to ban the users now... Would be nice if somebody could solve this problem.
    Banning Users as Administrator via the Controll Panel works fine.

kind regards
    Johannes Lomnitz

This function works on my board. Are you saying that you have set the 'Can ban users from board' permission to 'Yes' for each of your Mods yet they cannot ban. How are they trying to ban a user?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

profile of the user who should be banned -> Administrative Options: User options -> try to login -> no access

wrong way ?

kinds regards
      Johannes Lomnitz

update:

yes, i set the mode to each mod, who should be able to ban

Comment

Can your Mods access your Mod CP at all?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

no

Comment

Make sure your Mods are in the Moderators user group *and* are they set as Mods for specific forums. If they still have a problem, then this is a cookie issue on their end.

Note: you are referring to them to the 'mod' directory, not the 'admin' directory, correct?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Oh I'm a blockhead.. thx for the tip with /mod.. works now.
              great support.. as allways.

Comment