• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See the icons below each post...

i.e
    PM/WWW/EMAIL/SEARCH

How can I add my own custom one?

Which icons?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Which icons?
      [img]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/profile.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/email.gif[/img]

Etc...

Comment

You can either upload replacements to the default images (in your 'images' folder) or upload a whole new set of images to a new directory and change your {imagesfolder} directory to point to this one.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No I want to add another field, called Rating - and this ties in to field in the profile of the user

Comment

Originally posted by xevito
            No I want to add another field, called Rating - and this ties in to field in the profile of the user
            Ah, I see. What do you mean you want to 'tie this in'? What exactly are you trying to do?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ah, I see. What do you mean you want to 'tie this in'? What exactly are you trying to do?
              right I have a system which is a list of users and they have ratings - http://users.hexus.net most of these people have forum accounts - I wanted them to have a section in there profile for this - saying HEXUS Rating - I want them to then have a button below each post like email, www, search etc - but RATING and it link to this (which is in the profile..)

Comment

right I have a system which is a list of users and they have ratings - http://users.hexus.net most of these people have forum accounts - I wanted them to have a section in there profile for this - saying HEXUS Rating - I want them to then have a button below each post like email, www, search etc - but RATING and it link to this (which is in the profile..)
                Would it not be simpler to have a custom field in the profile for this link?

Comment

Originally posted by <v>
                  Would it not be simpler to have a custom field in the profile for this link?
                  Thats what we have - but I wanted an image link too ....

Comment

That row of buttons I believe are set in the postbit template.
                    Add your code here for the new button.

Comment

What exactly do you want them to see when they click on this 'rating' button? If it's the user's profile, then just add a button and link to it in your postbit template. (Although this would be redundant since there is already a 'profile' button.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What exactly do you want them to see when they click on this 'rating' button? If it's the user's profile, then just add a button and link to it in your postbit template. (Although this would be redundant since there is already a 'profile' button.
                        I just wanted to know where the buttons where located (postbits) as I can do the rest of the linking, I will add a new button which uses a field entered to the profile section

Comment

I just wanted to know where the buttons where located (postbits) as I can do the rest of the linking, I will add a new button which uses a field entered to the profile section
                          Are you going to show the new button only if the custom field has been filled in?

Comment

Originally posted by <v>
                            Are you going to show the new button only if the custom field has been filled in?
                            Thats what I wanted to do...

Comment

Working...
                            X