Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

I've been getting this error on my forums now for a while. I've done a search of the threads here and couldn't find anything on it.

This only happens occassionally with some threads and only happens after viewing a thread or posting to one and using the "Forum Jump" feature.

I'm currently using vB 2.2.8, but I believe this error has been around since upgrading to the 2.x series.

The forums can be found at http://fflegend.com/forums/

One example can be found here.

http://fflegend.com/forums/showthrea...;threadid=9529

Then click on the forum jump "Go" button and see what happens.

(This doesn't always happen, but this is what I'm seeing right now)

vBulletin MessageNo thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

Server Specs:
    RedHat 7.2 with Ensim CP
    PHP 4.3.0
    MySQL 3.23.41

*bumps*

Anyone?

Comment

The forumjump is not supposed to call showthread.php, however it does it when I hit "go", but it doesn't when I select a forum from the drop down menu and go to the new forum without clicking on "go".
      Either I miss something here big time or there is something wrong with your templates. Did you alter them in a way that could cause this?

Comment

That's exactly the direction I needed to look into to find the source of this problem. Thank you very much for your input on this and helping me see this overlooked information. Hopefully I can resolve the issue now.

Thanks again.

Comment

Unfortunately, that doen't look like it was the problem. I've looked through my templates and forumsjump and anything relation to forums navigation has not been touched. Only the header and footer templates have been changed. New posting templates, Page Navigation Templates and everything else is the same.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Mine is doing the same thing. Say I want to just click on go without selecting a forum from the drop down I get the error message same as above. If you select one from the drop down it will work fine.

I have had a few members complain about this and would like to get it fixed, anyone have any luck?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X