Corruption Problems - Any solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corruption Problems - Any solution?

Twice this past week threads have gotten corrupted on my board. Each time, when I visit the thread in IE, the screen will go white and it appears that the browswer is caught in an infinite loop. The only way to stop it is to force close the window. If i visit the same thread in Opera, the thread partially loads and I get an error that blames "may be due to corrupted data". The only solution is to kill the thread entirely.

Is there any way to fix my board or to find out why this is happening? I ran the Repair.php and it didnt seem to find anything wrong. Also updated all the counters as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This doesn't appear to be a database issue. Do you allow HTML in posts or signatures?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This doesn't appear to be a database issue. Do you allow HTML in posts or signatures?
      Yes, but I always have in the last 3 years of having the forum. Only recently have I had a problem.

Is there any way to check a thread 'manually'? In other words, since I can see the thread in IE (cause the page loops, blank) and in Opera it doesnt load all the way. I want to see if perhaps as I think you are suggesting, its one users "sig" thats causing the problem. Is there any way to do this?

Comment

The only thing I can think of it to disable HTML in sigs and posts then check the thread.

P.S. I'm sure you've heard this before but allowing HTML is a *big* security risk. Good luck!
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X