"Hot" topic of the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hot" topic of the day?

Do you know if there is any way to get the "Hottest topic of the day" to show up on the main page of my web page? Like a script that will take whatever topic has the most replies of the day and post the topic title on an area of my home page with a link to the topic? That way I get more users interested in what's going on with my boards.

Thanks!

That would require hacking -> www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      That would require hacking -> http://www.vbulletin.org
      Which is something I DO NOT want to do. All I want is info from the database to be displayed in the browser. Why would I have to hack vBulletin to get that info?

That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by CreepingDeath
        Why would I have to hack vBulletin to get that info?
        Because you have to select the information from the database.

Comment

Because you have to select the information from the database.
          Why wouldn't it be something as simple as a PHP script?!

Comment

Yes, you can write an independent php script to do this. But for help writing this, the best place to ask is over at vbulletin.org.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Yes, you can write an independent php script to do this. But for help writing this, the best place to ask is over at vbulletin.org.
              Ok thanks. I was hoping there was already something available I could just plug in to my home page.

THANK YOU!

Comment

Why wouldn't it be something as simple as a PHP script?!
                It is that simple if you just want a separate page to display this information. But if you want it to show on a vBulletin page then you will need to add the code to the vBulletin files. That is hacking.

Comment

Hello, phpinclude? Nothing personal but it seems like nobody remembers the poor castaway template...
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                    Hello, phpinclude? Nothing personal but it seems like nobody remembers the poor castaway template...
                    That's all I want to do. Where can I get a simple template to show a hot topic on my main web page. I don't need to hack vBulletin nor do I want to. I just want to display this info on the MAIN page of my web site.

THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                      The phpinclude template is global and would add an extra query to every page. Not very practical.

Post on www.vbulletin.org for help with hacks.

Comment

The phpinclude template is global and would add an extra query to every page. Not very practical.

Post on http://www.vbulletin.org for help with hacks.
                        I did reply but have received no responses yet. How about something that will say or do something to generate interest in the boards. People need to see there is something going on ....

Any ideas?

Comment

I did reply but have received no responses yet. How about something that will say or do something to generate interest in the boards. People need to see there is something going on ....

Any ideas?
                          Patience is a virtue. I'm sure somebody will reply in a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                          X