Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TexasOutdoors
    replied
    You're Welcome! I tried it at my Texas Outdoors site and it worked, and I'm glad you brought this up because I wanted to do the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Big J
    replied
    Originally posted by TexasOutdoors
    Go into your User CP and Edit your Templates. Scroll down to the Registration Templates and expand that list. Then look for registeradult and 'edit' that template. Find in there (towards the very bottom):
    Code:
     <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="yes" checked> yes
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="no" > no
    </normalfont></td>
    then remove the checked in the 'yes' section and place it in the no section as follows:
    Code:
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="yes" > yes
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="no" checked > no
    </normalfont></td>
    I'm new to this, but I just looked for it and tried it, and it works for me. I'm not sure if it will work for the COPPA users though.

Hope it works for you!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Leave a comment:

• TexasOutdoors
    replied
    Go into your User CP and Edit your Templates. Scroll down to the Registration Templates and expand that list. Then look for registeradult and 'edit' that template. Find in there (towards the very bottom):
    Code:
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="yes" checked> yes
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="no" > no
    </normalfont></td>
    then remove the checked in the 'yes' section and place it in the no section as follows:
    Code:
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="yes" > yes
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="no" checked > no
    </normalfont></td>
    I'm new to this, but I just looked for it and tried it, and it works for me. I'm not sure if it will work for the COPPA users though.

Hope it works for you!
    Last edited by TexasOutdoors; Mon 30 Dec '02, 2:12pm.

Leave a comment:

• Big J
    replied
    Originally posted by Big J
    JUst opened my vBulletin to my users and they are complaining that they are receiving hundreds of emails every time someone replies to a thread they posted on. How do you make it so "New" registered users will not receive e-mail notifications by default? I know that you can manually remove the option in the user CP, but I want it so when a new person registers it is turned off by default. Thanks!
    BUMP! SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW!

Leave a comment:

• Big J
    started a topic Subscribed threads- how to remove default notification

Subscribed threads- how to remove default notification

JUst opened my vBulletin to my users and they are complaining that they are receiving hundreds of emails every time someone replies to a thread they posted on. How do you make it so "New" registered users will not receive e-mail notifications by default? I know that you can manually remove the option in the user CP, but I want it so when a new person registers it is turned off by default. Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X