Does a Mysqldump include everything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a Mysqldump include everything?

Does a mysqldump include everything I would need to restore a vB installation? Also, what is the best script to use for backing up the DB on a predetermined schedule and that also turns off the forums first? I did a search and I there were too many possibilities to choose from for my pea brain to handle. I need a voice of experience!! Thanks in advance. JakeC
    Jake Crause
    www.homebuiltairplanes.com

Originally posted by JakeC
    Does a mysqldump include everything I would need to restore a vB installation? Also, what is the best script to use for backing up the DB on a predetermined schedule and that also turns off the forums first? I did a search and I there were too many possibilities to choose from for my pea brain to handle. I need a voice of experience!! Thanks in advance. JakeC
    Provided you made no changes to vbulletin php files, then yes.

Create a php script which runs a close query, then it runs the myseldump, and lastly reopens the forum. Then run that php script via cron.

Comment

Originally posted by Codename49
      Provided you made no changes to vbulletin php files, then yes.

Create a php script which runs a close query, then it runs the myseldump, and lastly reopens the forum. Then run that php script via cron.
      Has this script been written before? I'm a serious newbie at this so I could really use the help. If there have been changes to my php files, how do I go about backing them up? Just do it via an ftp program after each time the php files are changed because of a hack? Thanks.

JakeC
      Jake Crause

Comment

Originally posted by JakeC
        best script and the one i use is this http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...?threadid=4256
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Eva, Do you have any problems with not shutting down the board when you back up, or do you shut down first? Also, do you back-up the rest of your directories? I'm probably going to post this question in a new thread but what do you think. JakeC
          Jake Crause

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X