No announcement yet.

All of my posts have Vanished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid there's not much you can do about all the posts that were made when the server time was off. The only thing you can do is modify the times in the database and that's a real pain.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok

so everyones registration dates are broken forever?

Comment

And... i set my cookie thing to "1"

and people still wont fall off the main page... they've been there idle since 10 hours ago.

Comment

If by 'cookie thing' you mean the cookie timeout, then '1' is a very bad setting. I really don't recommend this. You could try emptying the session table in the database to see if this clears them off. To do so, backuop your database, then run this query:

DELETE FROM session;

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is 2 a better choice?

i dont know how to backup my database so i dont really wanna get into all of that. But i know these people should be off the board by now.

My board is broken forever because of that damned server clock.

Comment

As I said it depends on what you mean by 'cookie thing'. The recommended cookie timeout setting is 900.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes i am talking about what you're talking about.

Let me set it back to 900.. and i'll see if that helps.

And if not. I'll come back here in 15 minutes.

thank you.

Comment

Nope, 900 wont make them leave.

Comment

I didn't say it would make them leave. I said you can try running the query I posted and this may get rid of some of them.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I was only giving you the update.

Can you tell me how I would edit the post dates please?

thank you.

Comment

You need to go into phpMyAdmin and modify the dateline column in the post table and enter the unix timestamp that you want. You can use this online tool to convert dates and times to Unix Timestamps:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

^ I have no idea how to use that..

Those people are still logged into my main page.. and i read what you said before.. but i dont know exactly how to get there to perform the operation.

Can you describe how i would get all my guests and registered users off of the main page?

Thank you

Comment

You need to run the query I posted earlier. You do this with phpMyAdmin. PhpMyAdmin is a MySQL database management tool. Most web hosts provide this as part of the web site management tools such as CPanel, Plesk or Ensim. Look for a link to SQL or MySQL Databases. If you can't find it I suggest you ask your host about this.

If for some reason they do not provide phpMyAdmin or an equivalent MySQL manager, then you can download and install phpMyAdmin yourself from this location:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                            X