Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template for birthdays on forumhome

Hi,

calendar_showbirthdays is as close as I can come to a template to show user birthday's on the forum home page. Unfortunately, vBulletin uses some sort of caching mechanism to detect which birthday to display for a user. A temporary "template" is created in the templates table of the vBulletin database that contains date|||date|||<a href.....>|||<a href....> (makes you wonder what would happen if a user registered with "|||"... But anyway).

The link seems to be generated by calendar_showbirthdays however when I modify it in the template set I'm working with, the changes aren't carried over immediately and a week later, birthday links are still being shown incorrectly.

I'm posting this before really looking into it a bit more deeply--the birthday display code is scattered around a bit as far as I can tell. But I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction without us having to examine the code closely and get caught up in "fixing" things.

Happy holidays!
    Paul
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X