security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security?

why does this show my license number? isn't this a risk of people getting my 'suppose' to be confidential information if i have other admins/moderators in my cpanel? if they have the same privacy level as i have with my interent settings i assume they can see this as well? i also assume this is callhome and not some 'version' checking as the link appears to show, what happens if i remove that number from the files, as I DO NOT want to see it there? God knows what hidden information the cookie contains.

by the way, i don't mean to be rude really, just want a solution for this.
    Last edited by sebe; Wed 25th Dec '02, 12:24am.

nothing can be obtained by the license number, it is simply a serial allocated to identify each board.

This is from the license agreement

From time to time, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited may inspect your registration integrity. This will be done without collecting any information whatsoever about your server or your users. The only information verified will be your license number and the domain on which the software is run. Should we discover discrepancies in the software usage, be aware that you may lose your license and may face legal actions for Software Piracy. Your information will not be shared with 3rd parties. Occasionally, it is necessary to record your IP address for security and performance monitoring.
    I can assure you that nothing can be done with the license number and this ha sbeen discussed on many other occasions.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=59783
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

okay, if you say so. i just didn't want my 5 other admins seeing it, i do trust them else they wouldn't be admins.

thankyou.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X