X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid SQL: SELECT dateline FROM post WHERE userid=1685

Hi, I'm getting Mysql errors when I try refreshing my user list:

I get the following error when the counter reaches userid=1685:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: SELECT dateline FROM post WHERE userid=1685 ORDER BY dateline DESC LIMIT 1
    mysql error: Got error 134 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030
    Date: Tuesday 24th of December 2002 04:58:19 PM
    Script: /board/admin/misc.php?amp;action=updateuser&startat=1500&perpage=250

Using vBulletin Version 2.0.3

Also, If I try looking up the user 1685 from the browser in VB: I get the following:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT thread.title,thread.threadid,thread.forumid,postid,post.dateline FROM post,thread WHERE thread.threadid=post.threadid AND thread.visible = 1 AND post.userid='1685' ORDER BY post.dateline DESC LIMIT 20mysql error: Got error 134 from table handlermysql error number: 1030Date: Tuesday 24th of December 2002 05:02:14 PMScript: /board/member.php?amp;action=getinfo&userid=1685Referer:
    Last edited by Kafoul; Tue 24th Dec '02, 2:16pm.

This problem is caused by the latest versions of PHP which have broken some of the functions of older versions of vB. Your host must have recently upgraded to PHP 4.2.x. To fix this you need to upgrade to vB 2.2.9.

Upgrade instructions are here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This problem is caused by the latest versions of PHP which have broken some of the functions of older versions of vB. Your host must have recently upgraded to PHP 4.2.x. To fix this you need to upgrade to vB 2.2.9.

Upgrade instructions are here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html

Will upgrading save my DB, or is my DB now corrupted?

Here's the response from my host:

MySQL error #134 means "Record was already deleted (or record file crashed)". Usually this happens when some records in a table have become corrupted. You need to log into your MySQL database and run:
      mysql> repair table [tablename]

Note that you need to shut down your forums before doing this because the repair command will lock the table(s) and cause a backlog.

What should I do?

Comment

You should probably run repair.php to repair the database prior to upgrading.

Upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok. See if this fixes the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Checking table post
          TableOperationTypeText
          x.postcheckwarning2 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
          x.postcheckwarningNot used space is supposed to be: 400836 but is: 400256
          x.postcheckerrorrecord delete-link-chain corrupted
          x.postcheckerrorCorrupt
          Repairing table post
          x.postrepairwarningNumber of rows changed from 189689 to 189679

I get the following the rest are all ok, for my first run of repair.php. What do I do next? Also, my host tells me that they run PHP Module Version: 4.1.2. Do I still need to upgrade?

Comment

If they are running PHP 4.1.2 then you should be okay. Try it and see. If you still have problems, then upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
            Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 24th Dec '02, 4:58pm.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve, everything's back to normal. Happy holidays and thanks again!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X