cgi error when new users validate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cgi error when new users validate

Have an error where new users get the email validation link & click on the validate link they get this error
    CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

I have another setup of vbulletin on the same server & it works fine - where should I start checking? I'm sure it is just some minor config issue.

I did a search on the boards to see if i could find the solution but couldn't find anything - any help is appreciated

If the test vB is working, then this is either caused by a change you made in a php file and/or templates. Reupload your original register.php file. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. If you still have a problem, then revert all your Registration templates back to original.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      If the test vB is working, then this is either caused by a change you made in a php file and/or templates. Reupload your original register.php file. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. If you still have a problem, then revert all your Registration templates back to original.
      Hi - thanks

Not sure what the test VB is ? - but, I re-copied up register.php - none of the registration templates were ever changed.

This is strange - I have 2 VBulletin installations on the same server - the 1st one works no problem at all.

Same problem - register.php creates a CGI error - so basically nobody can join my forum at all.

Comment

Sorry, I assumed the second vB was a test forum.

Do you have any hacks installed? Since the other one is working fine, then it has to be a change you made to this one that's causing the problems. Also if you have made any changes to the phpinclude template, revert that as well.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

The only hack I have (which is common on both boards) - is to remove the moderator column on the forum. There are very few templates in blue in the list. Header and footer were changed also.

No changes were made to phpinclude.

here is an email validation link - maybe the link itself will help point out a problem

http://www.findmyhosting.com/upload/register.php?a=act&u=75&i=49081697

thanks again

Comment

Ha!

Good job I posted that link - I can see myself where the problem probably lies. Duh !!

thanks (& sorry for probably wasting your time)

Comment

What was the problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                What was the problem?
                In the board settings - the URL had /upload as the site URL - Vb then uses that to prefix any links it sends out. It was /upload when I was installing - but then I switched it to /forum but never updated

Suprised it didn't give a 404 because that path doesn't even exist. I corrected that & tested it and it works fine now.

thanks again & Merry Christmas!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X