Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Users failed: How to continue?

Hello all,

I was about to mail all users a christmas newsletter (Happy X-Mas btw).
    It got stuck in the middle (action cancelled, timeout I assume).

So how to continue?
    I don't want to send the newsletter all over again to avoid double (tripple...) mailings.
    I know it stopped on page 22 at UserId 2066.

I sent only 50 messages at once.

Thanks for any idea,
    -Tom
    http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

That's a good question and something I've wondered about myself. You can work around the problem by using the 'Join Date' field. Just check the join date for user 2066, then set the appropriate join date when you are choosing the email list. You might get a few duplicates, but nothing like resending to the entire list.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

thanks for your lightning fast answer
      Okay, sounds good so far.

Maybe I should suggest a "Start from Userid" field
      Thanks,
      -Tom
      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Any ideas on extending any values (wait some time before sending x mails)?
        It seems my provider has set rather strict spamming checks.
        Last edited by Thomas P; Mon 23 Dec '02, 10:13am.

Comment

Unless you can get your host to fix their mail server, the only other option I can suggest is to sent these in even smaller batches.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Weird, I tried it now with 10 at a time, it stops again at about UserID 2060...
            I think there is a limit at our hoster, I'll get in contact with them - Whatever:

Merry Christmas, vB and vB Staff helped me lot the year. Have a great time!

cu,
            -Tom

Comment

The way I do this is using a 3rd party bulk email sending program called MailMaster. I create an emailing list, paste this into a text file and then import this into MailMaster. I have it set to address each person individually and emailing 9,000 people takes about half an hour.
              The whole process takes 5 minutes plus the time to write the message plus half an hour to send them.
              Oh and then a couple of hours to remove the usually several hundred users from the system with invalid email addresses.
              By the way, I recommend you include instructions at the bottom of your mail on how people can remove themselves from future emails. Just so you don't get spam complaints.
              Last edited by Spinball; Mon 23 Dec '02, 1:44pm.
              Stuart Wright, founder AVForums.com. [strike]13[/strike] 15 million posts and counting.
              vBulletin user from 2001. We stopped upgrading vB at 3.8.2 and sadly we're going no further.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X