Usergroups, forum permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usergroups, forum permissions

I just finished installing 2.2.9 and am setting up forums. I didn't see any way to have a user belong to more than one group.

Ex: I created an open forum to registered users. I set up a private forum for a special user group I created. If I set up another private forum with only part of the users from the other private forum; it looks like the only way to do that is to try to subset out part of the group into a new group.... I wouldn't want to get to the point of making user groups that are just one person.

Am I missing something?

In vB2 a user can only belong to one usergroup. However, in vB3 (which hasn't been released let) users can belong to as many usergroups as you want.

Comment

When is V3 going to be available?

Comment

There is not firm release date yet, but current expectations are that vB3 will be released in the first quarter of 2003.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Will one be able to create a forum and just select which users can view it rather than create a group etc?
          "The best time to sleep is just before waking up."

--Shoebuddy Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Shoe
            Will one be able to create a forum and just select which users can view it rather than create a group etc?
            You can do this in vB2 with Access Masks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X