Advanced Search on any Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Search on any Page

Hi, I have a news archive in my forums where we store all the news, and what I want to do is make it searchable from a certian page. I have the basic search form on there now, but it searches all forums and I just want it to search the Archives. Is there anyway to get the actual Advanced Search form on a non-vB page? I want exactly what is at /forums/search.php on a different page. Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by zachb
    Hi, I have a news archive in my forums where we store all the news, and what I want to do is make it searchable from a certian page. I have the basic search form on there now, but it searches all forums and I just want it to search the Archives. Is there anyway to get the actual Advanced Search form on a non-vB page? I want exactly what is at /forums/search.php on a different page. Any help appreciated.
    Bump.

Comment

Couldn't you just use the link to your search URL?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yea, but I would like it better if I could just get it to show up on another page. We have kind of intro to our news archives on a non-vB page, and then a link to the archives. I'd like it so you could search them instead of having to go to the forum first.

Comment

Just copy the form off your advanced search page and insert it on forumdisplay and showthread. Could be cumbersome and bulky but you can make some of the fields hidden with preset values.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment