Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading exisiting database

How do I upload an existing database?

I have moved webhosts and I made a backup of the database. i then transfered all the VB php files. Basically I copied and pasted the entire board directory from one host to another. Now I am trying to upload my VB database using phpmyadmin and I'm getting a 300 second timeout error.

So how do I do this?

thanks
    www.ScapeFilms.com

If you get a timeout error from phpMyAdmin then you'll need to restore your database via Tenet or SSH.

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

If you don't have Telnet/SSH access send a copy of your database to your host and they should be able to restore it for you.

Comment

What about if I install vb again and then fromt he AdminCP just import the old database?
      www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

Originally posted by roxics
        What about if I install vb again and then fromt he AdminCP just import the old database?
        I'll probably timeout that way, also. The only reliable way to backup and/or restore your database is via Telnet/SSH.

Comment

Well I have SSH but I don't know how to use it.

Telnet I'm not sure if I have.
          www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

My webhost told me to FTP it and they would install it. So all is well. Thanks for the info.
            www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X