How do I make sure this happens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Novadream
    lol i forget how to get back to my administrator page..

is there a default path for that?

..thanx
    http://your.site/forums/admin/

Comment

hmmm

i coincidentally just found it 30 seconds befoer u posted here.

but mine is located at mysite.com/admin/index.php

i gotta figure out how to set up that FORUM extension from this or another post.. i'll search back and figure that out.

When i was going through the install process i was supposed to customise the link on my board that had the default FORUM title..

This has nothing to do with the forum extension I know.. this is another question.

Well i just left the title as FORUM.. and now i want to change it.. i didnt know that emails would be sent representing my board as just FORUM.

Will i have to add the install.php again since they ask you to delete it right after? and if i do.. will it delete all the progress i have made this far?

...thanx

Comment

Admin CP --> vBulletin Options --> [General Settings] --> URL

Comment

EXCELLENT!

thank you so much

Theres more.. lol

How do I make all moderators and the webmaster (me) on the main page show up in bold font.

All mods and me i want it just to be bold.. not italics.

..thanx

Comment

In the Admin CP:

Highlight Admin
            Enabling this will show Admin names in Bold and Italics and Moderators' names in Bold on the logged in users and Who's Online.

You can turn this on or off. Changing this behavior would require hacking the code. You can ask about this over at vbulletin.org.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              In the Admin CP:

Highlight Admin
              Enabling this will show Admin names in Bold and Italics and Moderators' names in Bold on the logged in users and Who's Online.

You can turn this on or off. Changing this behavior would require hacking the code. You can ask about this over at vbulletin.org.
              Thanx.

I'll ask over there.. for now i'll just turn that feature off

2 more questions..

How do i choose how many avatars are visible per page after clicking on Change Avatar?

and..

How do i set up a forum for only moderators but visible to EVERYONE?

...thanx for all the help without you guys i wouldn't be anywhere.

Comment

You really need to start browsing through the Admin CP.

1. Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Avatars

Then set 'Display Height' and 'Display Width' accordtingly.

2. I assume you mean visible by everyone but only Mods can post, right? Just set the Forum Permissions for each User Group accordingly:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permissions -> [edit]

Change the settings you want for each User Group and make sure you click on 'Use custom settings' before saving.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You really need to start browsing through the Admin CP.
                  LoL

..ok the avatar question was blatanlty dumb.. sorry.

But.. I can't figure out what combination of options lets everyone but admins and mods view the forum on the main page. Yet wont let them actually view the inside contents or post.

I've figured out how to make the forum invisible to them.. and that was it.

Comment

That's a differnet situation than what you originally asked. And again the answer is in the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Home Page Options -> Hide private forum -> No

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That's a differnet situation than what you originally asked. And again the answer is in the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Home Page Options -> Hide private forum -> No
                      Thanx!!

------>How do i change this color on my board?

------->How do i change this color on my board?

------->I want that white part to be the same color as whatever i choose my background color to be.. so that this part is the very edge of my webpage

Thank you.

Comment

Admin CP --> Styles --> [fonts/colors/etc] --> [main colors]

Comment

I was in there before and i guess i missed the option to change the white part... i'm sorry for that.

But the purple color I still can't locate in that section in order for me to change.

And..
                          The other day i made the size of my posts smaller by accident. I can't remember where I did that from. But as you can see i made my main page slimmer and it's centered in the middle now. That's where i made the posts smaller I believe. I looked all over in my admin control panel... But i couldn't remember where i changed those options from. Can you remind me please?., thanx

It's after someone replies and the posts is being read. I made it TOO slim.

Comment

Color Maps for vB:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=36009

Also, you change the fonts in the same general area that Cary outlined above. Check the options available.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Not the fonts... the size of the window after someone has replied. I need to set it back to the default because i made it too small.

ok i conqurered the purple!!!

Comment

It's in the same place: [fonts/colors/etc]

Look at 'Textarea widths'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X