How do I make sure this happens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make sure this happens?

I might be asking this question prematurely.. but i'm curious..

All message boards seem to have their own extension.. whichever the webmaster chooses i guess..

for instance..

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum <--this site uses the word FORUM

some websites are blahblahblah.com/board and so on and so on

some just happen to be a line of code....

how do i choose the word extenstion that i want?

..thanx

Fiorst you create the appropriate directory on your web space. Then you upload the vB files to this directory (retaining the directory structure of the zip file.) And finally you just enter the appropriate URL to your forums in the Admin CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok thanx.

I know that i can upload my avatars 1 at a time through this admin window.

But how can i upload all of them at once.. in a batch, so i can save a lot of time and effort?

..also, on my forums how do i create the dividers?

what i mean is this

vBulletin 2

vBulletin 3

how do i create those sections on my main page so that my forums are divided?

..thanx

Comment

You might want to do a little searching on these forums since these questions have been asked and answered before.

You can upload the avatars to your images/avatars directory all at once. However to enable them you sttill need to do this one at a time in the Admin CP.

As for the 'dividers', these are called Categories. To make a Category, just create a new forum and choose 'No' to the option 'Act as forum'.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          You might want to do a little searching on these forums since these questions have been asked and answered before.

You can upload the avatars to your images/avatars directory all at once. However to enable them you sttill need to do this one at a time in the Admin CP.

As for the 'dividers', these are called Categories. To make a Category, just create a new forum and choose 'No' to the option 'Act as forum'.
          What would be the point in uploading them all at once if i had to add them one at a time anyway?

Comment

Adding them via the Admin Cp is not the same as uploading - hence the process would be much quicker. However I do see an 'Add multiple avatars' option in the Admin CP. I haven't tried this out myself but it might do what you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Adding them via the Admin Cp is not the same as uploading - hence the process would be much quicker. However I do see an 'Add multiple avatars' option in the Admin CP. I haven't tried this out myself but it might do what you want.

I don't understand how to use that feature. i tried using the path to my hard drive. That didn't work

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to upload multiple avatars through that option.

Comment

Add all of your avatars to your images/avatars folder.(you'll need to create that directory.) After that go to the Admin CP --> Avatars --> Add

Under 'Add Multiple Avatars' click 'Add Avatars.'

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
                  Add all of your avatars to your images/avatars folder.(you'll need to create that directory.) After that go to the Admin CP --> Avatars --> Add

Under 'Add Multiple Avatars' click 'Add Avatars.'
                  I guess that's why i couldn't figure it out.

But i don't know how to create that directory.

Can you explain how i accomplish that please?

..thanx

Comment

Also..

for some reason the CATEGORIES are layed out correctly. But i go into them from my main page and there aren't any forums.

Everything looks perfect on my main page. But when i click on the category.. those forums aren't in there.

what is the cause of this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Novadream
                      I guess that's why i couldn't figure it out.

But i don't know how to create that directory.

Can you explain how i accomplish that please?

..thanx
                      You'll have to do it via your FTP Program. Click on your forums directory then 'images' - create a new folder named 'avatars' in the 'images' directory.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
                        You'll have to do it via your FTP Program. Click on your forums directory then 'images' - create a new folder named 'avatars' in the 'images' directory.
                        Thanx.

Ok I got that wired now!

I still need some help with this problem..

for some reason the CATEGORIES are layed out correctly. But i go into them from my main page and there aren't any forums.

Everything looks perfect on my main page. But when i click on the category.. those forums aren't in there.

what is the cause of this problem?

thanx for all the help so far..... i really appreciate it! i'd be doomed without the generosity from everyone.

Comment

Comment

Please don't bump your posts less than 12 hours since your last post... it's a little bit on the rude side.

Go into your forum properties
                            Admin CP --> Forums &amp; Moderators --> [edit]

Make sure your forums have the category name listed as their 'Forum Parent'

Comment

lol i forget how to get back to my administrator page..

is there a default path for that?

..thanx

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X