Change Admin Password and Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Admin Password and Email

Hi. I recently changed my admin password and now I do not have all my permissions. For example, I can not upload in the control panel. I noticed in the config.php it has my old password. But when I tried to change the config.php I got a database error. Plus, I still get emails to my old email address that I first set up.

Could you tell me the correct way to change the admin password and email address so that everything switches. Thanks bunches.
    Are We Fighting?
    Am I Winning?

Originally posted by Diva
    Hi. I recently changed my admin password and now I do not have all my permissions. For example, I can not upload in the control panel. I noticed in the config.php it has my old password. But when I tried to change the config.php I got a database error. Plus, I still get emails to my old email address that I first set up.

Could you tell me the correct way to change the admin password and email address so that everything switches. Thanks bunches.
    changing admin passwords do not need to change database password in config.php

to change admin password lookup your admin username in vB admin find user fuction and enter new password in password field box and save
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hi Eva! I did that originally. That's why my permissions are screwy. Somewhere it still is using my email address and I am assuming original password.
      Are We Fighting?
      Am I Winning?

Comment

Hi Eva! I did that originally. That's why my permissions are screwy. Somewhere it still is using my email address and I am assuming original password.
        confusing

what config.php database password you have now ? old or new ?

did you change email address in admin user's profile ?
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Argh! I am sorry. It was totally my fault. I signed up under a forum to recieve emails.
          Are We Fighting?
          Am I Winning?

Comment

Argh! I am sorry. It was totally my fault. I signed up under a forum to recieve emails.
            LOL

Comment