Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error on bottom of all pages? Line:20 char: 1....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on bottom of all pages? Line:20 char: 1....

What does it mean, and how do I rid it?
    Using php 4.2.2
    Mysql 3.23.41
    i386-redhat-linux-gnu

Site is http://s14.net

Line: 20
    Char: 1
    Error: Syntax Error
    Code: O

thnks in advance.
    Last edited by magnusson2u; Sat 21st Dec '02, 4:41pm.

Revert your 'header' template to it's original state and the problem should be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
      Revert your 'header' template to it's original state and the problem should be fixed.
      Does this mean to re-apply my custom 'header' after? How would I be able to apply my custom header then?

I am faking knowledge by using dreamweaver for creating features, so I am learning this now.

Thanks for your reply!

EDIT: Would this error code be removed if I stuck my header folder within the forum folder that's running vbulletin?
      Last edited by magnusson2u; Sat 21st Dec '02, 5:54pm.

Comment

There is no 'header folder'.

Since the problem is caused by a modification you made to the header template, the way to fix it is to revert this template. Reapplying the same change later would just recreate the same error.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          There is no 'header folder'.

Since the problem is caused by a modification you made to the header template, the way to fix it is to revert this template. Reapplying the same change later would just recreate the same error.
          I have a header folder outside of the forums folder which I use to feed all pages including my forum.
          I think you need to stop and realize that we all do not share the same knowledge.

It is my understanding that if I revert back to the default header temp, that It would be the VBULLETIN version. Containing VB's Logo and everything else. So if you tell me to revert it, then you should also point me in a direction that will lead me to a way of customizing the header in a way which is VB friendly. Are you guy's simply over version 2.whatever?
          I realize my problems aren't new, but they're new to me.

Comment

Reverting the header template will not cause you to revert to the vB logo since that is a variable that's set in the style set.

I'm still unclear what you mean by a header folder. Unless you are using some sort of frames, then the only header that should be displayed in your forums is from the vB header template.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes it is frames, it's 5 spliced pieces that make up my header. Is there a way around that, or is a 'hack' what i need to find. from vb.org of course.

thanks

Comment

Try accessing your forums directly, i.e. without the frames. If you don't get this error, then the problem is with the frame code. If you do, then the problem is with the vB header template.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by magnusson2u
                  What does it mean, and how do I rid it?
                  Using php 4.2.2
                  Mysql 3.23.41
                  i386-redhat-linux-gnu

Site is http://s14.net

Line: 20
                  Char: 1
                  Error: Syntax Error
                  Code: O

thnks in advance.
                  your </script> tag is in the wrong place, it should be right after

Code:
                  }
                  //-->
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I will try that.

Thanks guys!
                    Last edited by magnusson2u; Sun 22nd Dec '02, 5:52pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X