Banning people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning people

Hi I have some trouble makers on the forum, which are actually 1 guy using multiple accounts. but if i ban the ip string common to all accounts "195.92.168" is bans dozens of people off the forum, because it's a popular ISP in the UK (freeserve.co.uk i think).
    what should I do?

Originally posted by The Keeper
    Hi I have some trouble makers on the forum, which are actually 1 guy using multiple accounts. but if i ban the ip string common to all accounts "195.92.168" is bans dozens of people off the forum, because it's a popular ISP in the UK (freeserve.co.uk i think).
    what should I do?
    Create a new usergroup which has no permissions. Move the user to that usergroup.

Comment

this guy has like 8 accounts already, i don't know which ones they are, but he just keeps getting more and more.
      I think he's a vb owner himself... he can hack into my database... you think he can't log himself out and get a new account?

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper
        this guy has like 8 accounts already, i don't know which ones they are, but he just keeps getting more and more.
        I think he's a vb owner himself... he can hack into my database... you think he can't log himself out and get a new account?
        Ban his email, as well. If worse gets to worse, you can always approve new registrations.

The person may or may not own vB, but owning a vB doesn't make your database any more vulnerable.

vBulletin is still the most secure forum out there, and unless he's your system administrator, chances are next to none that he'll have access to it.
        :)

Comment

This is what I do... Approve all registrations before they can post and not allow registrations from free e-mail providers. People on my board must register with the e-mail given to them by their ISP, employer, or school.

Sure it doesn't completely fix the problem but unfortunately you're going to have to implement a lot of little fixes since there isn't one big solution.
          HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
          Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
          iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
          VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X