No announcement yet.

Everything I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said there's no reason to delete it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Warning: Host 'www6.clickhost.net' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home/sites/site34/web/admin/db_mysql.php

Why does it say this?

What do i need to fix?

Comment

Make sure you have this in your config.php file:

// hostname or ip of server
        $servername="localhost";

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok now it says this..

Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /home/sites/site34/web/admin/db_mysql.php on line 34

i tried making a name and pass but it had an error too.

Comment

This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
            $dbpassword
            $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
              $dbpassword
              $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.
              Ok i guess i'm waiting for my webhost to set up a database for me.

man this process moves sloooooooooow.

..thanx for helpin me out

Comment

My database has been setup through my webhost now..

But..

Attempting to attach to database...

Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.

Error number: 1044

Error description: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'boardmysql '

Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

This is the error i'm getting now. ^
                Last edited by Novadream; Sun 22nd Dec '02, 8:44am.

Comment

Unfortunately this is still the same problem. Please see my previous message for the possible causes of this error.
                  Last edited by Steve Machol; Sun 22nd Dec '02, 9:15am.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

thank you Steve.

I had a space in my quotes that was hard to detect.

But i'm movin along now

Comment

Novadream

I belive your with clickhost

I was with them and left because they would not allow SSH or Telnet to do proper backups of my database

They would not even do it for me and leave it on the server so I could justs FTP it to my hard drive when I moved to my new host.

Keep this in mind, clickhost may not be the best choice for your forum.

Cheers
                      PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

You may have to wait a while

Originally posted by Novadream
                        i got this far...

vBulletin requires your server to have PHP installed, so you must contact the administrator of the web server if you receive the error message above. If you are the administrator, here are a few things to check:

and I DID get the error.. but i showed you the link and it said my php should be fine.

sooooo what now?
                        You may have to wait a while for the account to become activated. Some hosts take up to 48 hours to activate the above.

Mix
                        Did you see that big yellow Suzuki? Oh, sorry, it's gone . . .
                        The TopCHOON house music site & community

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X