Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New install -- mail never arrives

Link to phpinfo.php: http://www.offcamber.net/phpinfo.php

My forum will email until the cows come home to local emails (@offcamber.net) but mail never gets to anyone outside the domain. Domain is fine; manual email works.

I have no idea what I'm doing to edit this. In the UBB I ran, there was an input area for "sendmail", which is /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i on my server. I can't find a place to put that in vB.

Please tell me what I need to edit to make this work. All help appreciated...

oh by the way, no errors whatsoever. It acts like it sends, but it never arrives and never bounces back.

-- ML (very, very new to vB)
    Last edited by Laguna; Fri 20th Dec '02, 11:13am.

vB uses PHP's mail() function to process email. As long as PHP is configured correctly and there is a functioning mail server then it should work.

If mail is not going outside your domain then this is a mail server configuration problem. You will need to contact your host and ask them to fix this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I've just realized that it's going *everywhere* except one domain, so I'm assuming it's an issue with that domain, not my own.

Thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X