Easy Question: Date of the last Config.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Question: Date of the last Config.php

Ok. Seems like a strange question im sure.

I 'upgraded' the vbulletin software about 3 weeks ago. And the way I do it is to copy every file to the server via FTP. I guess thats the right way anyway. I don't copy the folders, but I do each file within the folders themselves. Anyway....

I just noticed I have 2 config.php files.
    One called "config.php" and its dated 6/01/02
    and another called "config.php.new" dated 12/13/02

Thats whats wierd. What is this .new file.. and why is it more current than the config.php file?

Any ideas?

The 'new' file is what is contained in the vB zip file. You generally copy this to 'config.php and edit that file for your database parameters.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Im not sure what you mean?

So the "upgrade" doesnt contain a "config.php" and I should be renaming "config.php.new" to "config.php" and overwriting the old one?

And what do you mean by database parameters? I have no 'extras' or 'board hacks" loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by scatpack
        Im not sure what you mean?

So the "upgrade" doesnt contain a "config.php" and I should be renaming "config.php.new" to "config.php" and overwriting the old one?

And what do you mean by database parameters? I have no 'extras' or 'board hacks" loaded.
        Just ignore the config.php.new file... even delete it if you want.

You probably remember when you first installed vBulletin there was a config.php.new file but you had to rename it to config.php - that's what that file is there for, except it's for new installs only. (not upgrades)

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
          Just ignore the config.php.new file... even delete it if you want.

You probably remember when you first installed vBulletin there was a config.php.new file but you had to rename it to config.php - that's what that file is there for, except it's for new installs only. (not upgrades)
          Thanks Cary! Now I get it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X