Localhost Install Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Localhost Install Problem

for a while now ive been trying to install vBulletin 2.2.9 on my localhost using PHPTriad to test stuff with. i installed it successfully onto my "employers" site but wont work on my localhost. ive even tried installing 2.2.6 and 2.2.8 with no luck getting a database error at the exact same spot every time. on step 5 of the installation i get this:

Adding bbcode data
    Adding bbcode data
    Adding bbcode data
    Adding bbcode data
    Adding bbcode data
    Adding bbcode data
    Adding bbcode data
    Adding bbcode data
    Adding Admin Util Data
    Adding demo category

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    every time i get that error, and i cant get the error email because i dont have any email functions on my localhost. can anyone help me?

When you get that error view the source of the page. (In IE: View --> Source)

Copy/paste the complete error message from the source here.

Comment

here it is.

<!-- Database error in vBulletin Installer :
      Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO adminutil (title) VALUES ('ids')
      mysql error: Duplicate entry 'ids' for key 1
      mysql error number: 1062
      Date: Tuesday 17th of December 2002 09:50:17 PM
      Script: /vbulletin/admin/install.php?step=5
      Referer:
      -->
      thanks for the quick help

Comment

anyone??

Comment

Are you emptying the database first?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes i have tryed emptying the database first, ive also tryed not emptying it, no luck either way.

Comment

Hmmm...it may be something with your version or configuration of PHP then. Hard to say without access to the machine in question.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

for a long time it worked great then all of the sudden it stopped working. is there any settings that i could tell you that may help to determine what the problem is? i have no idea what im doing when it comes to settings like this.

Comment

If it worked and then stopped working all of a sudden, this is an indication that something changed on the server. Without knowing what you've done I can't really tell. However I would suggest you rethink any of the changes you made immediately prior to this not working.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

that is the weird part, i made no changes. i hadnt used it in a while because there werent any hacks released that my "boss" wanted installed, so i didnt test any hacks out. when he wanted 2.2.9 i decided i wanted a clean start on the test board so i cleared it all and tryed to install a fresh copy, thats when it failed. i didnt make any changes to any settings or anything, just removing the vB 2.2.8 files and replacing them with 2.2.9 files, and creating a new database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X