Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked by 'helpful' hacker

I'm in a wierd situation here.

One of my forum members was playing up a bit and the moderators were discussing his antics in a private forum.

The member in question MSN'd me and some of the mods expressing his disgust with the thread about him in the private forum, and later admitted to having some sort of magical ability to gain moderator access.

After much fighting and what not he produced this URL:

http://www.securitybugware.org/Other/5764.html

Outlining a bug in the current versions of vB.

Furthermore when one of my moderators posted about the apparent hacking the member in question did, the hacker started trying to make everyone feel guilty for making threads about him behind his back in the private forum. And in a big huff, left the community... which is kinda good because banning him wouldn't do any good, i've already banned one of his friends before (for hacking into phpMyAdmin), and he just kept coming back more disgruntled each time.

Now I'm under pressure from my moderators to patch this exploit but I really don't know where to start. The site talks about upgrading to VB 3, which I don't have access to.

Please tell me if there is something I can do?

SOLUTION

Upgrade to vBulletin 3.0.
    LOL
    Wasn't this fixed in vB2.2.9 final?
    Goto members area and download latest 2.2.9 version.
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

Originally posted by nuno
      LOL
      Wasn't this fixed in vB2.2.9 final?
      Goto members area and download latest 2.2.9 version.
      Yes, it was fixed in 2.2.9 Final.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
        Yes, it was fixed in 2.2.9 Final.
        thanks guys!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X