Some users not receiving e-mail confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some users not receiving e-mail confirmation

I have a problem with some new users receiving their confirmation e-mail and some not. It is not due to invalid e-mail addresses because one of the e-mails not received is to an address of mine that is operational.

From what I can discern, the problem is that two users cannot receive the e-mail if they have registered on the same machine despite the fact they have entered two different e-mail addresses. I.e., is it not possible for two different users from the household, that use the same machine, but have different e-mail addresses, to receive a confirmation e-mail? Is this an issue with the Allow multiple registrations per user option, which I have set to "no"? Does this need to be set to "yes"?

You will need to view the mail logs on the server to seewhat happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I've found lots of people with this problem and found that the vast majority that are being bounced are bound for AOL addresses.

However, my host (VO) says this problem will disappear once I have updated my name servers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X